Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ramblings and such....

The other day it was brought to my attention that the sub numbers for SWTOR have dipped 24.5% to 1.3 million players, with retention of longer term players (since launch) being somewhat higher. This of course has made many people ring the bells, claiming this is the end of SWTOR.

 Forgive me if I am wrong, but I am sure this sounds somewhat familiar......OH YEAH! They said the same thing about World of Warcraft. In fact, the same thing did happen shortly after that games launch. Subs dipped somewhat, and then rebounded some time later, and then continued to climb.....and climb....to 12.3million or so at its peak. I will point out that last year or 2010, WoW lost a close to 2million subs in about an 8month period, and yet, they screamed its the end of the game.

 I just have to wonder who some of these people are, and why they think that others take them seriously....or even at all? Some people do....hell, some people will cancel their own subs at the merest mention of "Its getting shut down" or. "Its dying". People need to slow down, or in most cases.....shut up.

 Yeah, Im talking to you, you basement-dwelling troll.


 Shut up. Take a breath. No one is listening to you. No one cares about your opinion.

Time will tell.

 For me, SWTOR launched with more in store for the players than most other MMOs up to this point. Flashpoints- quick instances that allow for people to gather a party together and have some fun, lots of them in there.
 Operations - Your Raids for SWTOR. 8man to 16man runs that test the players, and allow some of the best loot drops in game. (WoW did not launch with Raids, they were patched in upto 6 months later, this tidbit puts SWTOR ahead in my books)

 Story - yeah, Bioware has hammered us over the head story. Each class (8 in all) has their own story line that drags you into the game, and makes you identify with the characters, and get right into the game. (Missing for me was an over-arcing story line, that draws all the classes together, and pushes their own lines along with it (BIOWARE - nudge, nudge, wink wink).

 Questing - Sure, you have to use the usual quest hubs, and return to said hub. The thing I enjoy is popping into an area, and getting more quests (bonus quests), allowing me to while away more time. And getting more exp, and loots.

 I could go on, and on about why I enjoy SWTOR, but I am getting tired of hearing the trolls, and honestly, I dont want to hang out in areas where they congregate.

 Until later folks,


 Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment